Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Season Quick Update

Doesn’t seem possible. But my last post here was more than a month ago. No excuse for the long gap. Just been busy, traveling and collecting material. So, here’s a preview of upcoming CarolinaConsidered programs.

First, South Carolina’s Musgrove Mill State Historic Site. It’s just a few miles off I-26, near Clinton. I’ve meant to stop here since it opened.

Finally got there in mid-November. The site of an important battle during the Revolutionary War. I’ll explain.

Next stop, right at the end of November, was Hickory Knob State Resort Park. One of the most visited of our State Parks.

111202 Hickory Knob Campground Fog From Phone (4)And certainly the Park with the most comprehensive facilities. Even a golf course, hotel, and full-service restaurant. I mean! If you haven’t visited yet you’ll find it hard to believe.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, while at Edisto Beach State Park [Good Old Site # 18; right on the shore],

I visited another South Carolina State Historic Site: Charlestowne Landing. Again, for the first time.

What a treat! Something here for everyone. From toddlers to old geezers like me. Don’t know why I haven’t visited before.

And since the Caw Caw Interpretive Center was just off the Savannah Highway, on the way to and from Edisto Beach, I couldn’t resist a stop there too.

This is a another of those must-visit spots in South Carolina.

They have an incredible museum, and over six miles of Geezer-Hiker accessible nature trails through the Lowland woodlands. Plus, you’ll get to meet Center Manager, Mr. Thomas Thornton.

There you have it. Four programs on four different Must-Visit places in South Carolina coming soon. So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment